Storytelling is one of the most important business skills in today’s overwired world. A good story is the link between 2 people. It is the door opener to an in-depth conversation. And it is the memory a person carries with them long after the conversation happened.
The connection 2 people are able to make is one of the most important factors for business success.
Accounting firm Marcum hired us to deliver a presentation and workshop to take a deep dive into this topic and illustrate how a networking event needs to be prepared to ensure to talk to the right people with the right story.
The presentation covered:
- What elements make a good story?
- What topics should we avoid in our pitch?
- Why do I need different stories for different networking situations?
- How do I prepare a networking event to ensure that I meet the right people?
- How do I open up a conversation?
- How do I quickly identify if the person is interested in our services?
- How do I follow-up after an event to keep the conversation going?
- How do I avoid the typical overwhelming feeling after a networking event with many business cards on my desk but no real connection?